Job Description and Expectations
Purpose: To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of CCCFM so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Further, the Board of Directors of CCCFM represents the interests of the community and of members by ensuring that the organization’s work is consistent with its public benefit purpose, and that the organization’s resources are used in support of its mission.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation of Executive Director
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of CCCFM. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of term: Three years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of three consecutive terms, pending approval of the board.
Meetings and time commitment:
- The board of directors meets monthly via Skype or at a specified location and time. Meetings typically last 90 minutes and members are expected to participate at least 75% of the time.
- Members respond and are available via cell phone and email on an as needed basis.
- Board members are asked to attend no more than two special events or meetings per year, as they are determined.
Expectations of board members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Attend all the farmers’ markets CCCFM operates regularly
- If formed, participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by CCCFM’s mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote CCCFM’s mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with CCCFM’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of CCCFM.
- Have access to the internet and be able to communicate via email and Skype or other such communication avenues.
- Bring skills, knowledge and abilities to the organization as appropriate. Grant writing/reporting experience a big plus!