To our customers,
Thank you for your support and for the kind words and posts we have received as we navigate this crisis together. We are doing our best to roll out rapidly evolving guidelines and implement best practices to keep everyone as safe as possible while providing healthy farm-direct food to our community. Please know that while you enjoy the freshest produce possible and wholesome prepared foods, you are also helping to support local farms and small food producers maintaining their livelihood as well as our vital local food system!
At this time, our Market is managed with a very small staff and volunteers from the community. If you would like to help during this time of extraordinary change, please contact Staci at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 787-0121
The adage “it takes a village” has never been more true! We cannot do this alone and need cooperation in order to keep everyone safe. If you are sick, do not come to the market. Maintain a distance of more than 6 feet from others and please only send one member of your household when possible.
Note the following:
- Face coverings are now required*
- Please shop throughout the day, we are much busier in the morning
- Pre-order! Visit our Vendor Listing to inquire about pre-ordering from your favorite vendor, many are offering this option. http://www.cccfm.org/vendor-listing/
- Rearranged Layout. The market looks a little different, this is done to increase distancing.
- Wash your hands before, during and after the market. Look for handwash/hand sanitizing stations.
- If there is a line, please visit another booth until that line shortens.
- Credit cards are accepted by the majority of our vendors if using cash please try to have exact change.
- No sampling is allowed, if a booth allows you to grab your own produce, please take what you touch.
- No two booths are the same so please do not expect full uniformity across them. Depending on their product and size, different systems will work best for different vendors (and shoppers). Choose to shop at the booths that you feel most comfortable with and remember that the expectation is always that you wash produce before consumption.
*The order does not require children 12 and younger to wear masks. Children 2 years old or younger must not wear them because of the risk of suffocation.
Children may have a hard time understanding social distancing, when possible please send only one adult to the market to shop. We understand this may not be possible for everyone and that is ok too!