Apple Cardamom Baked Oatmeal
Baked oatmeal is an ideal make-ahead dish to enjoy quick and nourishing breakfaststhroughout the week. In this seasonal recipe, apples cook until tender and arecomplimented by the uniquely fragrant cardamom.
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- 2 tbsp Ground flax seed
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Ground cardamom
- ¾ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- ½ cup Applesauce or mashed ripe banana
- 2 cups Milk of choice
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Raisins
- ½ cup Walnuts Chopped
- 1 cup Medium diced apples 1 medium or 2 small apples
- Yogurt, almond butter, and/or additional maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Mix together dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and combine.
- Stir in raisins, walnuts, and three quarters of the apple, reserving some fortopping.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining apple.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the center is set and edges are starting tobrown.
- Enjoy immediately with a drizzle of yogurt, almond butter and/or maple syrup.
- To enjoy later, let cool, slice into squares, and store in the fridge or freezer.Individual slices can be warmed in the microwave or toaster oven at 350°F
Any type of apple may be used. If using a tarter apple, more maple syrup may be