Tomato Bread Salad
Harvest the bounty of your backyard tomato garden with this simple recipe! Enjoy with grilled meat for a complete meal.
- 1 baguette cut into thick slices
- 1 Basket Cherry tomatoes (mixed variety)
- 1 Handful Basil leaves cut into ribbons
- 1/2 Medium red onion
- 1 tsp Freshly minced garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Course sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Using a basting brush, coat baguette slices with extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat on grill until slightly charred, flip to toast both sides, then set aside to cool. While toasts are cooling, prepare salad.
- Wash and cut cherry sized tomatoes in half. Place in a large bowl with chopped red onion, fresh garlic and ribbons of basil.
- Cut toasts to bite size, add to bowl. Drizzle salad with olive oil, add coarse salt and pepper to taste.
Ingredients sourced: Tomatoes grown from plant starts provided by The Home Kitchen Gardener. Red onion, basil and garlic from Royal Greens farm. Baguette by East Bay Bakery