Zesty Cherry Salsa
Enjoy cherry season with this fresh salsa, served on top of your favorite grilled protein, on tacos or crostinis, or as a snack with chips!
- 4 cups Cherries pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup Red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno minced (or hotter pepper of choice)
- 1 clove garlic grated or minced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp mint chopped
- 1-2 limes zest and juice, to taste
- ½ tsp sea salt plus more to taste
- Combine cherries, onion, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, and mint in a medium bowl.
- Add lime zest, lime juice, and salt to taste. Flavor should be bright and balanced with sweetness from the cherries and acidity from the lime.
- Place in a quart jar and allow flavors to blend in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, then taste and adjust seasoning as needed.