Corn Zucchini Fritters
Enjoy a taste of summer with these delightful fritters, featuring sweet summer corn and zucchini!
- 1 cup Fresh corn kernels (from 1-2 ears)
- 1 cup Grated zucchini mix with ½ tsp salt and let sit for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup Chopped cilantro
- 1 Egg or flax egg mix 1T flax and 3T water, allow to thicken 10 minutes
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Flour of choice
- 1/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Oil of choice for cooking fritters
- Plain yogurt or sour cream mixed with chopped cilantro, lemon juice and salt to taste
- Chopped fresh tomatoes or salsa
- Sliced avocado
- Salt zucchini and prepare flax egg if needed.
- Squeeze zucchini in a clean tea towel, removing liquid, until it appears dry and reduces in volume (1 cup will become about ¾ cup).
- Mix corn, zucchini, cilantro, egg/flax and oil in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients.
- Stir flour mixture into corn mixture. Batter will be thick and a bit crumbly but should stay together when cooked. If needed, add more flour or oil.
- Heat 1-2 Tbsp oil of choice in skillet over medium heat (cast iron recommended).
- Once hot, add ¼ cup batter, flattening into a ½ inch thick circle.
- Cook fritters 2-3 minutes per side, until nicely browned, moderating heat as needed.
- Cook in batches, adding more oil if necessary.