Market Breakfast Salad
A breakfast made to fuel your day with market fresh ingredients. This recipe makes 1 serving, but is easily doubled or tripled as needed!
- 1 cup Mixed Baby Greens
- 5 Crimini Mushrooms Sliced
- 1/4 Avocado Sliced
- 1 Poached Egg
- 6-7 Heirloom cherry size tomatoes Cut in half
- Seasoning of choice ie: sesame seeds, crushed red peppers
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Placed washed and cut tomatoes on a parchment lined cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil and roast in oven for 10mins.
- While tomatoes are roasting, saute mushrooms on stove in frying pan with cooking spray or light drizzle of olive oil. Cook until crisp-tender, approx. 6 minutes.
- Plate baby greens and avocado. Add mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, poached egg and fromage blanc. Season to taste with seasoning of choice.
Easy poached egg for one
- Bring a small saucepan to a low boil, large bubbles will cause your egg to break apart so you want your boil low.
- Crack an egg into a small cup or mason jar.
- With a slotted spoon stir boiling water to create a vortex, use the cup to pour egg into the center of the spinning water.
- Use a slotted spoon to lift the egg while checking for doneness. A firm white egg and running yolk should take around four minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.