Roasted Summer Ratatouille
Celebrate the bounty of summer produce! This take on ratatouille is roasted in the oven until tender. It is delicious as a side dish or as a main meal alongside quinoa or on pasta. Add chickpeas during roasting or a piece of fish on top for a heartier meal.
- 1 Medium globe eggplant (~1 lb)
- 1 Medium zucchini (~3/4 lb)
- 1 Bell pepper
- 1 Onion, red or yellow
- 1 Head of garlic
- 1 tsp Each dried basil, oregano, thyme, and garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt + more to taste
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- Large handful fresh basil ribbon cut
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Chop eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper and onion into large 1” chunks and slice garlic cloves thickly. Add to parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Add dry herbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil, mix well, and roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Stir again, then add cherry tomatoes and drizzle on tomato sauce. Cook 15 minutes more, or until all vegetables have softened.
- Mix in fresh basil, reserving some for garnish, then season with additional salt and a generous splash of balsamic vinegar to taste.